The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

 I finally saw this movie. I know one song from it, but now I know them all. My opinion? They should have just let the house be. Ms. Mona was running a business, an institution, the girls were a family, they were getting paid, and they had shelter and food and a mom(two, really) figure. Mona loved the sheriff, played very well by Burt Reynolds. Burt's character had anger issues, and this is a lesson for everyone: anger issues will get you in hot water eventually. It was good to see Burt back with Dom Deluise. Those two are so stupid together it's hilarious. Dom's character should have left well enough alone. He was after the fame, the fortune, the popularity. And there were so many ways Ed Earl could have framed Melvin P. Thorpe. The movie could have turned that way. I did not know that the Broadway musical came first and then the movie. So I learned something new. And my husband loves the music. All of it. Especially Charles Durning as the Governor singing about a little "side step." He believes that is true now of all politicians. It was interesting to see over the years how the Chicken Ranch made a profit and made men happy. They were famous, maybe rather "infamous." And Dolly has the cutest little laugh! I can't believe I've never heard her laugh before! So, yeah, this generation will have so many bad things to say about this movie, but I enjoyed it. It's pure entertainment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonka

The American Society of Magical Negroes

The Fall Guy