Blue Beetle

 I'm so grateful the Spanish I class I took twice as an adult. I'm so glad of the words that I do remember, because it made this experience so much better for me. The Blue Beetle surrounds itself around a boy, a man, who graduates from pre-law and comes back to his family, and discovers all kinds of problems. And he wants to help: he wants to work, he wants to be successful and he wants his family to be proud of him. And then he runs into a girl: the niece of a very powerful woman. And he will do anything to help her. This causes him a lot of problems, painful and confusing problems. An Artifact that she wants him to hide becomes attached to him. And it's a very powerful artifact, in the shape of a blue beetle. This is total Spanish/English in this entire movie and I learned so much in this. The Grandmama is my husband's favorite character: she's feisty! And there is a budding romance, so that's kinda cute, too. And the villain, cause, you know how I am about my villains - welp, she's evil. And doesn't care who she hurts to gain her power. Overall, well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka