Dear Evan Hansen

 What a new concept for a story. And I'm so glad someone, somewhere, came up with a new story line. A boy, depressed, feels like he's not seen, likes a girl, tries to have a friend in a "Family friend", has a brief encounter with a boy in school, and because of him, Evan's life is turned around. It's horrible that a death has to change the lives of so many, but it happened. And this story is really Evan's, but on the surface, it's Connor's life. And lots of music. Well done to all the actors in this production, and the music that they delighted the audience with. I wanted to cry, I really did, but I never did. From the start to the end, I never did cry. Maybe because the cast told this story so well. But the meaning is clear: we really aren't alone. Our situation is bad, there are others who are just as bad if not worse, and need someone to tell it to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka