Andor (tv)

 So, I finished the first season of "Andor". As a Star Wars fan from back in the day, I thought I'd check it out. The stand-out performances are not really of the character Andor, played by Diego Luna. My first outstanding character was Kino Loy, played by Andy Serkis. Wonderful actor, who also does voice over. His character was so intense and he was all about being the Papa Bear in the prison. Second was Dedra Meero, played by Denise Gough. She's an imperial and she wants to do her job and proof statistics and logic. She's determined, but she needs to be careful or she's gonna get herself killed. Fiona Shaw was excellent as well, playing Andor's adoptive mom, Maarva Andor. Potter fans recognize her as Aunt Petunia but here, she's a feisty and determined secret Rebel leader. This series was slow for me. It didn't get going until later on in the season. But over-all, the wonderful performances couldn't save the writing. I didn't even want "more" of the story. I kinda just wanted it to end. But, we'll see what the fate of Andor comes to in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wonka

The American Society of Magical Negroes

The Fall Guy