The Super Mario Bros. Movie

 This was a totally cute movie! I don't think I've ever played the video games before in my youth, but the two brothers, the princess and even the evil Bowser was just really cool! The brothers have a special bond with each other: one is stronger than the other, but together, they can do anything! And the Princess just wants what's best for her people and to keep them protected. Even though she's a strong person in her own right, she works well in a team. And I like seeing more of that in movies nowadays: not just the strong woman, not just the strong man, but strong teams. Unlikely friendships. I like seeing that on screen. I wouldn't have placed Jack Black as Bowser until he started singing. I sat there going "yeah, yeah that's him." I also like that Chris Pratt has continued to do some more voice-over work and you can kinda tell he enjoys it in his characters. Over all this was enjoyable, the stakes were high for everyone, except for Toad: Toad just wants everyone to be happy and he wants to be a hero!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka