Cyrano

 I've wanted to see this movie for a while. I'm glad Amazon Prime had it available on a rainy Friday night to watch. My husband loves the story itself and has in the past. So he was quite delighted to see this, and, of course, he sat up straight with the sword fighting. For me, the actors were just lovely! And I totally missed that it was a musical until Haley Bennett, who played Roxanne, started singing in the carriage. And I love musicals. Everyone's voice was just lovely, just totally in tune with the music, except for Peter Dinklage. I really enjoy him as an actor. He takes good pride in his characters and it shows, but the voice? He's deep, he's a bass, but either it was the music that was written for him or his voice in general. It didn't do it for me. I'd rather see him act than hear him sing. I see that Hollywood threw in the stereotypical black man as the lead, just to keep the audience happy. And Kelvin Harrison Jr. did a wonderful job as Christian. The selfish villain, portrayed by Ben Mendelsohn, was so deliciously evil. And I had NO IDEA that was Ben! That make-up hid him so well! I will always appreciate a selfish villain. The costumes, the choreography, the lighting the background music - all of this made a delightful movie to watch and a classic tale was written so fluidly that the tragedies would catch everyone's heart. I would definitely recommend this movie on a date night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka