Cinderella (2021)

 I finally got around to watching "Cinderella" from 2021. It wasn't bad. I totally loved the choir in the king's court. I loved their vitality and their humor. The prince was pretty good and Cinderella was just about "fair". The "fabulous" Fairy Godmother, played by Billy Porter, was very unique. The king was gorgeous, of course, cause it was Pierce Brosnan. The queen was pretty good, and her character had a point: I am your wife, not your peasant, and I can disagree with you, dang it! The Prince's friends! OMG they were there for him! When the Prince was surrounded by all those single women, those guys circled him to protect him and they had his back! They also jumped on horses and rode with him to find Cinderella later in the movie! Love, love, LOVE friends like that! The mice were cute, even in human form. It was interesting hearing modern music to a classic tale. It was just "ok". I did like that in the end, Cinderella didn't give up on her dream NOR did she give up on love. She wanted both. And that's just missing from so many films I've seen lately: the girl gives up on the man for her success. Why? Why not have it all? And Cinderella did. And he supported her. The princess being the heir wasn't too bad, but what I totally loved out of all of that was that she wore Cinderella's dress in front of everyone. I loved that. The prince believed in Cinderella so much that he presented his sister in a gorgeous dress from a new designer. Loved - that. The stepsisters weren't particularly mean to Cinderella and I could deal with that. The stepmother was back and forth with her mean, but she had a purpose: all she knew was that her girls needed to marry money. That's it. It was totally selfish, which is what a true villain should be, but yeah, go with the times. So overall, my husband and I enjoyed the movie, but for me, I'll always be in love with the original animated Disney version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka