The Secret of NIMH 2

 This is sad. I really, really love "The Secret of NIMH" from back in the day. I really loved it because it was something so new and so good from something that wasn't Disney. A competitor. And the story was just...great. And the villain was just...pure evil and selfish and the heroes were not where the audience thought they'd be. But this...the kids are a little older, Timmy is not sick, Mrs. Brisby is a wee bit gray. Mr. Ages is still alive. And there's a new threat: or a perceived old threat, but something so crazy that it stumps the mice. The story line isn't bad, but a musical? I couldn't get past that. And I adore musicals, in general. But the story to me didn't lend itself to a musical. I would have liked to have seen this animated movie straight through, all words, no singing sections, and see what it would have done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka