Everything Everywhere All At Once

 Not my kind of movie. I don't mind the subtitles, I don't mind the star power, I don't mind the violence - to me this movie was very "trippy." I guess I'm the kind of person who enjoys a movie with a plot. Abstract doesn't grab me. The mother and daughter are distant and need to get their relationship back together, especially now that the daughter has a girlfriend of her own and is moving forward into a new kind of love relationship. The mother's dad doesn't get a lot of what's going on around him and the husband wants a divorce. But that's just in one dimension. There are other dimensions where the woman is a movie star, a theater actress, a martial arts master, and then she snaps back to the now with the IRS. So much going on and I just...I don't see the actual point. Not even in the ending. I'm sure it will win a lot of awards during the Oscars, but it's just not my kind of movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka