Encanto

 So, I guess I'm officially a fan of Lin-Manuel Miranda. It took me 3 songs in to figure out his style and I guessed he was involved. And sure enough - he was. The quick talking lyrics of the songs and the beat and the dance moves of the animation was all just like "yeah, that's Lin-Manuel." I was waiting for a villain. Like, the traditional Disney Villain. Like Dr. Facilier or Clayton or Ernesto de la Cruz. And really, this story is about family. And lots of misunderstandings. The story is very pretty and the music is very catchy. But as for a Disney flick, I miss the villain. I miss the "evil". I miss the hero or heroes fighting a battle of wits and winning in the end. So yeah, my husband and I will own this when it comes out on BluRay, for sure, but I'm just holding out for a villain....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka