Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

 This wasn't the best of all the Marvel Movies for my husband and I, but this had a lot of action. And I can reconfirm that dragons are real. And Awkwafina has made her full transition from comedienne to serious actress. Wow! And I gotta find out if she does her own stunts! I didn't really buy a "love relationship" between Awkwafina's character, Katy, and Simu Liu's character, Shaun. I felt more of a "best friend" vibe and not a "romantic" vibe. It was good to see characters from the Marvel universe show up like Ben Kingsley and Benedict Wong, as they reminded most audience members that "yeah, Marvel universe here, hello!" The story starts off fun and funny, but then it gets serious with Shaun's dad and his background and then his mom and how she dies. Revenge is a moving force within the Marvel universe and so much so here. The martial arts moves in this movie look like a dance to me. So much of a slow moving dance, and then a fast-moving dance. And if the other partner skips a step, he or she is knocked out. It will be interesting to see how Shaun moves into the Marvel universe and where the universe is now and if he will help any of the heroes that we already know. It's a good movie, just not the best of the bunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka