In the Heights

 This was a very, very good musical. And I miss Musicals. I do want to see the Broadway version some day so that I can compare. Navy's dreams and ambitions, then his love for Vanessa, and then his friend, Benny, kids around with him a lot about being "chicken", and yet, Benny himself can't face his own love, Nina. And Nina has her own thing going on with her dad and then there's Abuela Claudia. It's soooo good to see roles for older people. I thought they were extinct but no: Lin-Manuel has created a wonderful character in Abuela Claudia. And it was good to see Jimmy Smits still out there. The music is very catchy and the relationships are real. My husband and I went back and forth trying to figure out how much those houses really cost in Washington Heights, and how these people would have to work so hard to live there. But it's the people, the community, and that makes a "family." Yes, there are some with blood relatives who care, and then there are the non-blood peeps that care most. It's a good story of change and, of course, lottery playing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka