Being There

 What a weird movie! I sat and watched this with my husband and I didn't put my finger on Peter Sellers until the middle of the movie. I'm so used to seeing him with a mustache and a hat. I felt for his character. At first I thought he was the butler, then I thought he was the son of the old man, and then when he said he was the gardener, then I just felt for him. He loves tv. He loves to watch. That phrase alone will get him into trouble. And it does. But he doesn't grasp that knowledge. He is mind is less than a child and it's just that innocent. And he's lucky! Kicked out of his home, which is surrounded by the ghetto, gets threatened by a group of black boys, even asks another black woman if she would give him lunch. If she had, it would have been a totally different movie. But one accident changes things for him forever. He's is really, really REALLY lucky! Shirley MacLaine is the early Sally from "When Harry Met Sally". I can't believe that one scene! Seriously? My jaw dropped! She's very believable! But Chance influences so many people's lives, even the guy in the elevator. It's a weird movie but if anyone wants to put this on in the background while you're doing things around the house, this is the one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Little Mermaid (2023)

Mamma Mia!

Wonka